STEPS: A program of classes
Click here for the STEPS brochure.
To support long term career development and industry retention NRMCA offers a certification program that concentrates in one of three core ready mixed concrete work categories: operations, technical and sales. To learn about the specifics of each specialty, please see the side bar on the right.
Employees complete 120 hours of coursework to gain mastery and insight with immediately applicable skills. Core work is taken through NRMCA while “electives” can be taken through local state associations and other avenues to broaden the candidate’s exposure.
NRMCA’s CCPf or Certified Concrete Professional, designation gives ready mixed concrete industry employees the fundamental technical, operational, sales and managerial information needed to prepare for and enhance careers in the industry.
To earn a CCPf, participants must complete 120 hours of coursework.
When the CCPf designation is earned, and the certificate is granted, it is the top sign of professionalism for individuals and the companies that employ them.
Receiving Credit for Prior Coursework
CCPf participants can receive credit for prior NRMCA coursework as well as for coursework from individual company and independent training programs. Courses and seminars from other organizations may be applied toward elective requirements as transfer credits. Acceptance of transfer credit from an outside organization is under the sole discretion of NRMCA’s Workforce Development Committee (WDC).
- NRMCA courses taken within five years of the time of CCPf application will be accepted.
- Applicant must pass the exam, and certification must be current for certification courses within the pre-requisite or required course listing of a career track.
a. If the exam was not taken/passed at the time of the course, the applicant may take/re-take it if proctored by an independent third party. This must be arranged by the applicant and approved by NRMCA’s Education Department. The exam fee is $125.
b. Elective courses only require certificate of attendance, exam is not required.
- Courses and seminars from other organizations may be applied toward elective requirements as transfer credits. Acceptance of transfer credit from an outside organization is under the sole discretion of NRMCA’s Workforce Development Committee (WDC). Transfer credit fee is $25 per application.
- Payment of $150 must accompany application as well as proof of current certifications, when applicable.
- Upon completion, payment and approval, applicant will receive a framed certification.
- Every five years, complete 24 hours of continuing education related to the ready mixed concrete industry. Transfer credits accepted.
- Acceptance of transfer credit from an outside organization is under the sole discretion of NRMCA’s Workforce Development Committee (WDC).
- CCPf renewal application must be signed by the applicant’s supervisor.
- Payment of $150 must accompany the application for CCPf Renewal.
- Certifications within the required course list of your career track must be current at time of CCPf renewal. You may either arrange to retake the exam (see section 1 above) or you may retake the course and exam, which will also count toward continuing education requirements.
- Required course certifications that are renewable are: Concrete Technologist Level 2, Plant Manager Certification, Safety Course and Certification, Environmental Certification, Effective Supervisor Certification and any American Concrete Institute certifications, including Grade 1 Field Technician.