February 10 – 12, 2021 | Dallas, TX | online registration
NRMCA Members: $950 | Non-Members: $1,350
The Need: Frontline supervisors manage staff as well as facilities, equipment, materials and work processes. They act as a bridge, building constructive relationships across and outside the organization… between management and peers and customers. Their efforts have a lot to do with whether critical productivity, safety, financial and customer-satisfaction targets are met.
The Challenge: Promoting highly-qualified workers to supervisory roles and expecting them to succeed without coaching isn’t enough. Without the proper skills and interpersonal tools, many new supervisors become frustrated and return to driving, technical work or other non-supervisory roles.
The Difference: Unlike generic supervisory training, this course is packed with practical, industry-specific material to equip ready mixed concrete supervisors to produce rapid results and long term success.
Supervisors will learn the following important concepts and skills:
- Communicate Effectively: Understand what makes people tick
- Manage with “Personally”: Turn individual style into real results
- Inspire Teams: Coach individuals into a group
- Train for Success: Learn how staff learns best
- Deal with Discipline: Do it right, without fear of legal consequences
- Solve problems: Turn negatives into positives
- Motivate for productivity and efficiency
These skills will make an immediate difference.
The goal of this workshop is to prepare ready mix industry supervisors for the day-to-day management of people as well as facilities, equipment, materials and work processes. Upon completion of this workshop, they should be able to identify and apply the basic principles of:
- Communicating with people
- Dealing with people’s behavior
- Influencing people’s performance
- Managing a productive workforce
- Developing employees within an organization
- The roles and responsibilities of managers in the concrete industry
Course Outline — Lecture & Activities
This is a three day workshop. Each module has presentations, related reference text material, practical exercises and review questions. A certified exam completes the course. Certification is for five years.
This workshop is a required class for the STEPS©, Certified Concrete Professional (CCPf) Operations and Production Career Track and is an elective for the Business Management, Concrete Technology, and Sales, Marketing and Promotion Career tracks.
Shawnita Dickens | 703-706-4854
|Registration and Travel Information:
Jessica Walgenbach | 703-706-4852
“One of the best classes I’ve taken with NRMCA. Could easily fill another day on legal issues and staffing. Enjoyed the class greatly.”
– Todd Legge, Essroc Ready Mix
“This class was excellent in that it covered reviewing yourself as a manager and your style, then using your style to manage in an effective way.”
– Tim Hurtack, Conewago Ready Mix