November 7 – 9, 2023 | Charlotte, NC | SOLD OUT
This course is SOLD OUT. To be added to the waitlist and/or to receive information on the next course offering once it becomes available, please send your request to [email protected].
NRMCA Members: $1,050 | Non-Members: $1,495
Tuesday – Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Thursday, Optional Exam: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Please note: Lunch will be provided on days 1-3.
Course Location & Travel Information:
Carolinas Ready Mixed Concrete Association (CRMCA)
1805 J.N. Pease Place, Charlotte, NC 28262
Parking: Available onsite.
Hotel & Travel Information: NRMCA has NOT contracted a block of rooms for this event but suggest the hotels below:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Charlotte University Research Park
8700 Research Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262
- Home2Suites by Hilton, Charlotte University Research Park
625 McCullough Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262
Closest Airport: Charlotte-Douglass International Airport (CLT) is the closest airport and is about 15 miles/17 minutes from the CRMCA offices.
Return flights should NOT be made before 5:00 PM on November 11, 2023, if attempting the exam.
Transportation: Please check with your hotel of choice to see if shuttle service is available. Transportation to/from the course location will not be provided by NRMCA and is the responsibility of the registrant.
Cancellation Policy: Full cancellation refunds, less a $100 administration fee, will be extended until October 18, 2023. All cancellations after October 18 will not be refunded. Fee cancellations cannot be transferred to a future class. Substitutions can be made at any time with no penalty. Registration cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected].
The Effective RMC Supervisor Course helps ready mixed concrete operations supervisors lead their staff. The challenge is a tough one because their people management tactics must align with the organization’s strategy and mission while their personal success is judged by the work of their direct reports. Without using proper communication and motivation skills/tools to successfully manage these responsibilities, many supervisors become frustrated. It typically is the highest turnover job category because it is difficult to transition from executing your job to leading others to perform theirs.
NRMCA knows a supervisor’s job is about more than just getting concrete into trucks and onto the job site. Supervisors manage a workforce, deal with customers, work with peers to build productive relationships across and outside the organization. The Effective RMC Supervisor course’s goal is to equip supervisors with these important concepts and skills.
• Develop boundaries that fit within company needs and goals, including ethical behavior, implementing legal hiring, on the job training, and discipline processes, handling employee complaints, conflict, workplace violence, defining basic workplace legal boundaries, and implementing health and safety compliance.
• How to properly direct and guide performance of a task, especially helping employees accept company changes that impact their job execution.
• Build better communication skills with upper management and your employees based on an understanding of different work styles and team motivation principles.
The goal of this workshop is to prepare ready mix industry supervisors for the day-to-day management of people as well as facilities, equipment, materials and work processes. Upon completion of this workshop, they should be able to identify and apply the basic principles of:
- Communicating with people
- Dealing with people’s behavior
- Influencing people’s performance
- Managing a productive workforce
- Developing employees within an organization
- The roles and responsibilities of managers in the concrete industry
Course Outline — Lecture & Activities
This is a three day workshop. Each module has presentations, related reference text material, practical exercises and review questions. A certified exam completes the course. Certification is for five years.
This course is part of NRMCA’s Seminars, Training and Education Programs, STEPS®, and earns you credit towards becoming a CCPf, a Certified Concrete Professional. The highest professional designation in the industry.
Course follows all federal anti-trust guidelines.
Shawnita Dickens | 703-706-4854
|Registration and Travel Information:
Jessica Walgenbach | 703-706-4852
“One of the best classes I’ve taken with NRMCA. Could easily fill another day on legal issues and staffing. Enjoyed the class greatly.”
– Todd Legge, Essroc Ready Mix
“This class was excellent in that it covered reviewing yourself as a manager and your style, then using your style to manage in an effective way.”
– Tim Hurtack, Conewago Ready Mix