- Founded in 1930, the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association is the leading industry advocate. Our mission is to provide exceptional value for our members by responsibly representing and serving the entire ready mixed concrete industry through leadership, promotion, education and partnering to ensure ready mixed concrete is the building material of choice.
- We work in conjunction through a partnership agreement with state associations on issues such as promotion and regulatory concerns and extend what they can do to a national level. Our commitment to our members is second to none and we strive for constant communication on the latest information, products, services and programs to help our members expand their markets, improve their operations and be their voice in Washington.
- NRMCA has several committees in which members and professional staff work together to support the mission. They include Audit and Finance, Concrete Promotion, Divisions/Bureaus, Government Affairs, Membership, Nominating, Political Action, Research, Engineering & Standards, Safety, Environmental & Operations and Workforce Development.
NRMCA is a principal sponsor of CONEXPO-CON/AGG. This show features almost 3 million net square feet of exhibits including an information technology pavilion and an emphasis on live demonstrations throughout the exhibit areas. The show brings together contractors, materials and producer perspectives at the largest exposition ever held in the Western Hemisphere for the construction, aggregates and ready mixed concrete industries.
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is a living example of the incredible advances made by the construction industry. It is a culmination of the industry’s contributions throughout our history and a showcase for our future. CONEXPO-CON/AGG began as two separate events … CONEXPO and CON/AGG.
The first CONEXPO debuted in Ohio in 1909. The event started out as a “Road Show” and was considered a “hazardous experiment.” All forty exhibitors displayed “amazing new devices” that could do the work of 15 horse-drawn units.
The early CONEXPO shows were sponsored by some of the forerunners of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA).
CONEXPO became more comprehensive with each show, growing at a record pace during the construction industry’s “boom years” after World War 2.
In the 1970s, CONEXPO welcomed overseas exhibiting companies. It also began to feature an international business center. In the 1980s, the show made Las Vegas its new home to make room for the growing number of attendees as well as exhibits.
Just like CONEXPO, the CON/AGG show got its start in the early 1900s. It began as manufacturers’ exhibits at annual conventions of the forerunners of the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) and the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA).
In 1970, the event officially became “The International Concrete and Aggregates Show.” In 1996, CON/AGG joined forces with CONEXPO. Together, the shows became an unprecedented scope of equipment, products and services for the construction industry. It also became the definitive international industry gathering place. Attendees and exhibitors saw they could save time and money by attending one show every three years.
The 2017 show spanned a record 2.8 million-plus net square feet of exhibits, with a record 2,800-plus exhibitors. Show attendance neared 128,000 for the week.
NRMCA’s Concrete Answers Sites
- Concrete Buildings.org
- Building Design Assistance
- Ready Mixed Concrete Producer
- Concrete Parking.org
- Concrete Streets.org
- Decorative Architectural Concrete
- Flowable Fill.org
- Green Concrete.info
- Green Roof Tops.org
- Pervious Pavement.org
- Roller Compacted.org
- Self Consolidating Concrete.org
- National Account Services