- An initiative of the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association to promote the use of concrete products, to educate the building and design communities and policymakers on the benefits of ready mixed concrete and encourage its use as the building material of choice for low- to mid-rise structures. No other material can replicate concrete’s advantages in terms of strength, sustainability, durability, safety and ease of use.
- Through participation on codes committees and work with associated organizations, NRMCA’s Codes and Standards programs helps to develop codes that are most responsive to the issues affecting our industry. The Association’s programs are also aimed at increasing the ready mixed concrete industry’s awareness of the codes and standards development process.
- NRMCA offers free concrete project design and technical assistance to help convert wood and steel buildings to concrete. The Concrete Design Center experts can help select the right concrete solution for a wide variety of projects, from multi-family residential/mixed use to industrial and health care facilities.
- One of NRMCA’s missions is to keep members of the ready mixed industry informed on the latest trends within the industry and factors affecting the industry. NRMCA produces several news publications and periodic industry news “round-ups,” which include E-News (weekly) and Concrete InFocus Magazine (quarterly).
- An initiative of the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association to promote the use of concrete products for pavement due to their safety, resilience, and long-term value. Our mission is to provide designers, engineers, contractors, owners, and developers the tools necessary to pave ahead—which means thinking smarter, going beyond conventional methods, and leading the way in adopting new and innovative technology. Choosing concrete creates a durable and more sustainable future.
- The Research and Engineering Division is a technical resource for NRMCA members and the customers they serve. Technical literature and technical education programs administered by the NRMCA Engineering Division are very well established and highly regarded in the industry. Concrete research is also conducted at the NRMCA Research Laboratory, creating procedures to advance concrete quality and reduce costs.
- The Safety, Environmental and Operations (SEO) Division provides the forum for the interchange of ideas relating to safety, equipment maintenance, environmental compliance, production and distribution, and the training of personnel in the ready mixed concrete industry. The division advocates and reports on regulatory issues involving, in part, the Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, Department of Transportation, Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Treasury.
- Throughout the year, NRMCA conducts benchmarking surveys for the industry.
Sustainability and the Concrete Industry includes NRMCA’s Environmental Product Declaration Program, Material Ingredient Disclosure and Reporting, Sustainable Concrete: The Role of Performance-based Specifications, MIT Concrete Sustainability Hub