Join the NRMCA team.
Challenging, career-building work is just one of the many great benefits.
Founded in 1930, the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) is a construction trade association located in Northern Virginia.
Unless otherwise indicated, positions are based at association headquarters in Northern Virginia.
If no employment opportunities are currently listed or those listed are not a match for your experience, NRMCA still welcomes your interest and invites you to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in case suitable opportunities arise.
TITLE: Director, Membership
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Membership coordinates all membership-related activities of the Association. This individual serves as the principal point of contact for membership related questions and concerns. Works collaboratively and in support of senior leadership to develop and implement strategies to broaden the membership base of NRMCA and ensure a consistent, professional level of customer service to all NRMCA members.
• Through outbound and inbound contact identify, cultivate and deliver prospect concrete producer and supporting associate companies for NRMCA Membership.
• Deepen and expand engagement with existing NRMCA members to communicate the value of membership, identify interests, activities and challenges to retain companies as NRMCA members.
• Identify new mechanisms to support members’ efforts, both by identifying new program/service opportunities and expanding the reach of current activities.
• Work with members one-on-one to understand their goals and objectives as members to create individualized and mutually beneficial plans to achieve them.
• Develop and oversee an on-boarding and orientation process for new members.
• Communicate regularly with all NRMCA staff to promptly identify member company concerns and deliver solutions with support from the Executive Team.
• Recruit and activate peer networks, such as the Small Member Council, for relationship and network-building within the industry.
• Manage the Association Membership Database with a focus on accuracy and timely reporting of current member and prospect accounts.
• Develop and maintain reporting system to enable real-time distribution of member and prospect lists by various criteria such as member status, geographic location, etc.
• Manage NRMCA’s Member-to-Member (M2M) Benefits Program or subsequent affinity program.
• Responsible for developing the necessary Membership & Dues report to provide strategic metrics for executive personnel and member leadership.
• Collaborate with marketing department to develop engaging “benefits of membership” collateral.
• Manage and grow NRMCA’s Sponsorship program.
• Manage activities of other membership division team member(s).
• Serves as staff liaison to the NRMCA Membership Committee.
• Serves as staff liaison and Secretary of the Manufacturers, Products & Services Division and Materials Division.
• Organizes and delivers annual Board of Directors’ and Committee Chairs’ training.
• Responsible for the Board of Directors Participation Report and individual Board member engagement report cards.
• Responsible for the promotion and execution of the annual Concrete Cares Award and the annual Shydlowski – Turner Materials Leadership Award.
• Responsible for the monthly Board To-Do Email blast.
• 5-10 years or more of customer service management experience
• Bachelor of Arts in Business Management, Communications or related fields
• Exhibit professionalism and an understanding of the language of business
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Ability to initiate engagements with C Suite executives and companies’ leadership
• Strong project planning, critical thinking and problem solving
• Exceptional customer service skills in support of NRMCA members and Executive Team
• Self-starter able to effectively manage workflows, schedules, and details in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to develop and adapt deliverables on membership contacts made and dues collected
• Travel 25% to meet with prospect members and existing members
• Knowledge of membership database software (iMIS preferred) and Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
If interested in this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.