Join the NRMCA team.
Challenging, career-building work is just one of the many great benefits.
Founded in 1930, the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) is a construction trade association located in Northern Virginia.
Unless otherwise indicated, positions are based at association headquarters in Northern Virginia.
Director, Local Paving – Southwest US
(CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM)
Please click here to apply.
Local Paving Technical and Promotion Support | Remote Working
SUMMARY: Increase paving market share for ready mixed products through promotion, design, and construction activities.
- Deliver concrete parking and street paving projects through promotion, design, and construction activities at the local, regional, and state level.
- Support and coordinate technical and promotional efforts of NRMCA members.
- Develop and expand relationships with national, regional, and local entities and public works agencies that design, specify, and construct pavements to increase use of ready mixed paving products.
- Create opportunities and identify projects to develop pavement design proposals.
- Understand and integrate sustainability and resiliency concepts in paving promotion efforts.
- Actively engage in NRMCA and related industry committees, panels, and task groups.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, contractors, etc. to promote ready mixed paving products.
- Performance is measured on the number of projects converted or retained as a ready mixed product through consultative support provided to decision makers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 10 years in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or another related field. The equivalent professional experience and training will also be considered.
- Five years’ experience directly related to paving or infrastructure projects or construction materials sales preferred.
- Experience working in a client- or customer-facing role. Knowledge of pavement design and construction specifications.
- Provide training on ready mixed paving applications and promotion.
- Develop and present programs regarding alternative or new concrete technologies.
- Assist owners, engineers and other specifiers in pavement design and the drafting and adoption of specifications for ready mixed paving products.
- Provide pavement thickness designs and details.
- Provide recommended joint plans based on design criteria.
- Provide input to local paving websites.
- Develop content and promote through social media channels.
- Produce and distribute e-news articles and other periodical articles.
- Develop and maintain industry certification programs.
- Position requires significant travel (25%).
- Pack and ship heavy printed material and other supplies (50 lbs.).
- Work from home office located reasonably close to a major airport in the Southwest United States (CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM).