CCSP Module II: Customer Business Knowledge, Understanding the Concrete Contractor’s Business
December 12 – 14, 2023 | Denver, CO
NOTE: Please login and register as the person who is attending the event. You should NOT register another individual under your personal profile. Each registrant must log in and register separately.
Logging in is easy if your company is a member of NRMCA or you receive emails from NRMCA. Your login name is your full email address and your password is: concrete.
If you need to set up a profile for a registrant, please contact NRMCA Membership or 703.706.4800.
Cost: Member: $995 | Non-Member: $1,395
Course & Hotel Room Block Location: Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown, 934 16th Street, Denver, CO 80202
P: (303) 571-1114
Meeting Room Location: Victory (subject to change)
Hotel Parking: On-site, self-parking is available at the prevailing rate (currently $44.00/day). Valet parking is not available. Additional fees apply for oversized vehicles. Off-site parking is available at Independence Plaza, which is an independent garage, not associate with the hotel located .2 miles from the hotel.
Room Rate: $189 per night plus applicable taxes.
Cut-Off Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2023, or whenever the room block sells out, whichever occurs first.
Airport: The closest airport is the Denver International Airport (DEN) located 24 miles from the Courtyard Marriott Downtown.
Transportation: The hotel does NOT offer shuttle service. A taxi will cost approximately $55 each way from DEN to the host hotel. To schedule a SuperShuttle or shared ride transportation, please contact SuperShuttle directly at (800) 258-3826.
Cancellation Policy: Full cancellation refunds, less a $125 administration fee, will be extended until Tuesday, November 21, 2023. All cancellations after Tuesday, November 21, 2023, will not be refunded. Fee cancellations cannot be transferred to a future class. Substitutions can be made at any time with no penalty. Registration cancellations must be made in writing here.
Confirmation of Event: A class confirmation, confirming the course will run as scheduled, will be sent via email no later than COB, Tuesday, November 21, 2023. It is advisable not to make travel arrangements until you receive the class confirmation.
Important/Class Confirmation: NRMCA reserves the right to cancel this event. Class confirmations will be sent to registrants via email no later than COB, Tuesday, November 21, 2023. In the unlikely event the class is cancelled, NRMCA will refund the entire registration fee, but is not responsible for airline and hotel reservation fees. You are responsible for making and paying for your own hotel and travel arrangements.
Why Attend? In this workshop, your front-line sales team learns about the contractor’s business process, measurement systems, and language. Staff learns how contractors view the entire project, as well as the role suppliers play to fulfill a contractor’s requirements. If you want your sales reps to expand their role beyond providing field support at a job placement, there is the module for them to step up their game so they can execute meaningful, respected sales strategies.
Class times: Day 1-2: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm | Class time: Day 3: 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Exam time: Day 3: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
SESSION 1: Concrete Customer Overview
- The 3 primary concrete markets
- What customers want from RM producers
- Identifying ready mix producers’ concerns about their customers
- A project’s organization chart
- Reviewing construction market statistics and trends
- Typical construction phases in each market type
- Key terms and important documents for each type of construction
- Discussion about ready mix sales opportunities in each market
SESSION 2: Contractor Operations and Scheduling
- Defining productivity and efficiency from the contractor’s perspective
- The general contractor’s project management process, system, and rubrics
- Understanding the types of construction projects’ schedules and how to use them
- Benefits of planning and scheduling
- Understanding the importance of the general contractor’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Working within the general contractor’s work breakdown Structure
SESSION 3: Construction Design and Designers
- Types of architects and engineers
- Construction design phases
- Construction delivery strategies and methods
- Development objectives and financing
- Building Information Modeling (BIM), augmented reality technology, and Additive manufacturing.
SESSION 4: Construction Documents and Plan Reading
- The contract and the role it plays among the owner, builder, and suppliers
- The role of general conditions
- The contract documents
- The impact of production control systems, including specifications, plans and drawings, the construction release, purchase orders, change orders, job cost reports, check lists, and daily reports
- Plan and blueprinting exercises
SESSION 5: Sustainable Construction & Concrete
- Take-offs and estimating exercises
- Sustainable construction rating systems and their role in ready mixed concrete sales
- Environmental Product Declarations
- Life Cost Analysis and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
For more information, contact Shawnita Dickens at 703-706-4854