NEW! NRMCA’s ADVANCED DISPATCH MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP COURSE
February 27-29, 2024 | Orlando, FL | SOLD OUT
This course is SOLD OUT. To be added to the waitlist and/or to receive information on the next course offering once it becomes available, please send your request to meetings dept.
Course Schedule: Tuesday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please note: Lunch will be provided all 3 days
Course Location: Florida Concrete & Products Association, Inc. (FC&PA)
6353 Lee Vista Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32822
Parking: Available on-site at the FC&PA offices.
Hotel Information: NRMCA has NOT contracted a block of rooms for this event but suggest the following hotels nearby:
- Embassy Suites, 5835 T. G. Lee Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32822
- Residence Inn, 7024 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822
- Holiday Inn, 5750 T. G. Lee Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32822
- Hampton Inn, 5767 T. G. Lee Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32822
- Marriott, 7499 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822
Airport: The closest airport is the Orlando International Airport (MCO) located 5 miles/10 minutes from FC&PA.
Transportation: Please check with your hotel of choice to see if shuttle service is available. Transportation to/from the course location (FC&PA) will not be provided by NRMCA and is the responsibility of the registrant.
Cancellation Policy: Full cancellation refunds, less a $125 administration fee, will be extended until Monday, February 5, 2024. All cancellations after Monday, February 5, 2024, will not be refunded. Fee cancellations cannot be transferred to a future class. Substitutions can be made at any time with no penalty. Registration cancellations must be made in writing to: [email protected].
Important Notice/Class Confirmation: NRMCA reserves the right to cancel this event. A class confirmation, confirming the course will run as scheduled, will be sent via email no later than COB, Monday, February 5, 2024. It is advisable not to book your airfare (unless it’s fully refundable) until you receive the class confirmation. In the unlikely event the class is cancelled, NRMCA will refund the entire registration fee, but is not responsible for airline and hotel reservation fees. You are responsible for making and paying for your own hotel and travel arrangements.
The Advanced Dispatch Management & Leadership Course provides high level support and education for those individuals who manage and lead the dispatch team. Since this position requires additional skills, knowledge, and insight to be effective and successful in running the department, this course allows the attendee to expand their own knowledge base and level of expertise by understanding what it truly takes to get their dispatch operation and team to the next level.
A dispatch manager’s focus is to maximize a producer’s deliveries and transportation assets through the functions of effective scheduling, logistic and driver management, communication, teamwork, and customer service. This Course zeroes in on the adoption and usage of well-established dispatch best practices and processes, problem-solving tools and solutions and performance management both at an individual and departmental level.
This 3-day course is facilitated by Jack Delperdang and Jerry Brannen who have over 85 combined years of dispatch operational experience at multiple sized businesses , along with reorganizing, restructuring, consulting, and departmental support. This course is particularly designed for Dispatch Managers or lead Supervisors that have the ability to initiate positive change within their own department. They will return with a wealth of information and “identified” improvement areas of opportunity that will make a difference in the businesses of transportation and customer service goals. An overview of the course is as follows:
- Discuss the critical components and processes found in a premier ready mixed concrete dispatch operation.
- Review dispatch-related delivery and customer service key performance metrics, including current producer adoption rates, reporting, and utilization.
- Deliver to class attendees a self-scoring assessment that gauges their departments’ progress toward adoption and utilization of high-quality processes and procedures.
- Review concepts of coupling management with leadership that supports better department teamwork in a high-pressure environment.
- Conduct class exercises that share peer personal experiences in a market-competitive dispatch department.
- Provide class materials and an industry-specific dispatch management textbook that can be used as support tools upon return from the class.
Introduction and brief overview of course objectives and agenda.
Attendee purpose of attending and greatest struggles to overcome.
DISPATCH BEST PRACTICE/PROCESS REVIEW AND SELF ASSESSMENT
- Dispatch Operational Tools & Technologies Review
- Peripheral Optional Dispatch Tools & Technologies Review
- Delivery Best Practices & Process Review
- People/Skill Set Development Review
- Customer Service Development Review
- Assessment scoring and individual review
METRICS & OPERATIONAL STANDARDS
- RMC Dispatch KPI’s Review (Reporting, adoption, and usage)
- Successfully Measuring Dispatch Performance Metrics
- Departmental Job Descriptions, SOP’s and Code of Conduct
CHANGE MANAGEMENT & HUMAN PERFORMANCE
- Process Improvement & Change Management
- Dispatch & Human Performance
- Defining the difference between Leadership & Management
- Establishing Dispatch Employee Accountability & Leadership Empowerment
CREATING ORGANIZATIONAL TEAMWORK
- Creating Teamwork in and outside Dispatch Operations
- The Driver/Dispatch Connection (Workshop)
- The Batchman/Dispatch Connection (Workshop)
- The Sales/Dispatch Connection (Workshop)
- The Operations/Dispatch Connection (Workshop)
- Dispatch’s Role in Safety Initiatives (Workshop)
CUSTOMER SERVICE & MAKING IT HAPPEN
- Taking Dispatch Customer Service to the Next Level
- Assessment assignment and initiative goals & initiatives (Presentations)
- “Making It Happen” for you and your Dispatch Team