A PATHWAY TO ENERGY & DISASTER RESILIENCE: AN ICF SYMPOSIUM & TRAINING EVENT
Event Description: This education event demonstrates how to achieve dramatic energy savings and disaster resiliency provided by insulated concrete forms (ICF). It will describe why and how ICFs optimize the building envelope and minimize property losses due to disasters.
7:30 am: Continental Breakfast
8:00 am – 12:00 pm (morning session)
Resilience for Commercial & Residential Construction
Zero Energy ICF Schools
Site Tour of an ICF Structure
12:00 pm – 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm (afternoon session)
ICF Installer Training:
- Describe the benefits of ICF construction
- Demonstrate the specific characteristics of ICFs
- Explain ICF construction advantages and efficiencies
- Demonstrate the interaction betw een trades and ICF installation requirements and techniques
- Recognize that ICF technology can expand your business opportunities
Fee: This is a free event sponsored by KY Office of Energy Policy and is intended for Kentucky residents and workers. Attendees may choose between morning, afternoon or all-day session.