Ready Mixed Concrete Safety Course
October 20 – 22, 2020 | Now Online!
Registration Fee: NRMCA Members & Non-Members, $700
This course for the ready mixed concrete industry teaches its participants about OSHA SAFETY compliance. It begins with why safety is so important and details the reasons why an effective safety program actually saves money through loss prevention and control. Participants learn about electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection, hazard communication, confined spaces, personal protective equipment, fire fighting and evacuation, chute handling, fleet safety, pre-trip inspection and more.
Do you know all the details concerning your company’s responsibilities when it comes to OSHA regulations and filing OSHA forms? If not… attend this great session, which includes two & 1/2 days of learning about safety in the ready mixed concrete industry, including actual hands on experience participating in a plant safety audit. This promises to be a learning experience you can take back to your work and your home.
- Welcoming Remarks
- Introduction to OSHA
- Safety and Health Programs
- Electrical Exercise
- Backing Accident Prevention
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Hazard Communication
- DOT, Driver Issues, Hours of Service Rules, CSA
- Material Handling
- Day 1 Review
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Welding and Cutting, Repair Shop Safety Exercise
- Roll Over Prevention
- Means of Egress and Fire Protection, Emergency Plans
- Pump Safety, Railroad Crossing, Three Points of Contact
- Machine Guarding
- Lock Out/Tag Out and Confined Space
- Front End Loader Safety
- Discussion of Field Exercise
- Day 2 Review
- Travel to Plant
- Audit Preparation and Compliance Audit
- Return Trip and Report Preparation
- Audit Presentation and Closing Remarks
- Final Exam
Class ends promptly at noon. Schedule subject to change.
- Reduction of company liability in regard to safety
- Reduction of Workers Compensation Insurance
- Improved Morale
- Structured learning environment
- Learn from safety experts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for concrete industry professionals such as Safety Directors and Specialists, General Managers, Vice-Presidents, Plant Managers and Environmental Professionals.